Don't see your question? Shoot us an email. We're happy to help answer your questions, but please note that we are not able to do so immediately and may take several days to get back to you. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8.24 ATF 80% LOWER REGULATIONS:
The regulations of 8.24.22 do not affect Venom Defense & Design's 80% Lower Receivers as we do not sell jigs, tooling, or anything related to finishing the lower receiver. Others have had to make major changes. This has caused a lot of false information in wide-spreading rumors and in non-truths posted on websites and in forums all over in hopes of drumming up more sales from customers who do not understand their federal or state laws and these regulations.
Federally, there is no requirement to add a serial number to an 80% lower receiver unless it is sold with a jig, tooling or instructions; and our company does not produce or sell any tooling or jigs of any kind. - We never have and we never will.
Sorry - We cannot tell you how to finish your 80% lower - You'll have to research that info on your own (Hint - There's a really helpful webpage called "Google")
*Please note: state laws can and will supersede federal laws in certain situations.
Nothing here or anywhere on our site is to be taken or construed as legal advice.
Email email@example.com where Katelyn or Sam will get back to you as quickly as possible; during our busiest times of year this can take a week or more unfortunately as we are only two people. You can also message us on your account on our website and we will get back to you as quickly as we can.
As our voicemail notes, please do not leave messages regarding order inquiries. Voicemails or emails regarding current orders may not be returned unless your lead time has lapsed - including any extenuating circumstances Lead Time Policy extension if that applies (please refer to Purchase Policies & Lead Time Policies). Social media comments or direct messages are not monitored for questions or order related inquiries.
*While we understand some old-school folks love to chat on the phone, we do not and we simply do not have the time to do so. This is how we run our business and we are all about the quick and easy use of the internet to keep our business running as smoothly and efficiently as possibly. We keep super late hours and find answering emails much more convenient for us. We apologize if that does not work for you.
Venom Defense & Design is a Type 07 FFL. *No unapproved transfers. They will be denied.
All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee regardless of the circumstances/reason for your return.
Retail Customers: We understand sometimes things just don't work out. The fit may be wrong for you, you changed your build, your significant other loves you to pieces and already ordered you one, etc.
- Within *14* days of receipt of your product (via USPS, UPS, FedEx Tracking Confirmation), you may choose to send it back to us; return shipping costs are on you though. *All returns must be approved via email before they are sent back to us.* (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In Your Approved Return: You must include your email approval, your order number and your name - returns must include all hardware. Failure to do so will result in a denied refund.
- If Venom Defense deems your product damaged or defective in our error, we will provide a return label for you and send a replacement.
Refunds can take 7-10 business days to clear into your account; please direct all questions on issued refunds to your financial institution once you have received your refund transaction details via email for further information should you need it. Please be aware that all shipping fees are non refundable.
- If your order has not shipped, you may choose to cancel it. There is a 20% cancellation fee that is applied regardless of the circumstances/reason why you need to cancel.
- If your order has shipped, your order cannot be cancelled.
- Should you refuse to accept the package and it is sent back to us - this will result in Venom Defense deducting the shipping costs as well as the 20% restocking fee from your refund.
- If a chargeback is filed (or threatened to be filed), and / or we must re-route a package for any reason, the customer will be billed and liable for all shipping costs necessary for our products to be intercepted and returned to Venom Defense.
- A customer who files a chargeback is no longer a welcomed customer and is banned from shopping with Venom Defense; any future orders will be void and or subject to an automatic 20% cancellation fee along with forfeited shipping fees.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order, at any time, for any reason: including, but not limited to, customer was asked not to contact Venom Defense; customer is buying something illegal in customer's state; customer is harassing a Venom Defense employee; customer has triggered fraud detection software; customer's billing and shipping addresses do not match, etc.
- If any of these occur, the order will be cancelled and will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
- Please note, if Venom Defense must cancel your order for the product being oversold, there is no cancellation fee. The product price will be refunded in full.
Venom Defense has a mandatory matching billing address and shipping address policy. This address must also be the address on file with the financial institution for the cardholder placing the order. If the address does not match, it will be flagged, sent for manual processing and it will be declined.
If you've recently moved, change your address with your bank and credit card company.
- We do not accept phone orders. All orders are to be placed via our website.
- If you experience an error during checkout, please double check that all areas have been filled out properly and that the billing and shipping addresses match each other AND the address on file with your CC / Bank.
- We are unable to edit any orders once placed. This includes the removal or addition of products, the change of address, the adjustment of product quantity, etc.
When your order ships, you will receive an automated email with tracking information.
- Did you read the lead time on your product? Start there - that information is found BEFORE the product description on each product page. It is in red, bold text.
- In stock items: we strive to ship as soon as possible, but sometimes when we're busy it can take us a few days. A lot of orders leave SAME DAY, when possible.
- We aren't a warehouse; we're a machine shop, engineering firm, and manufacturing facility.
- Although we do our best to keep lead times accurate and up-to-date, they are ESTIMATES and subject to change without notice. They are in no way GUARANTEES of when your order will ship.
No Local Pick Up:
We are not a retail establishment; there is no store front. Our doors are locked and we do not allow customers on premises. We take our privacy very seriously.
You must have a VDD account to access Store Credit. Store Credit (SC) is automatically applied as the first form of payment on your next order - you must be logged into your Venom Defense account to access your SC. You will see STORE CREDIT at the Check Out screen (not the shopping cart).
- SC has no cash value. SC is 1-time use only. There is no cash value, there is no return value, there is no cancelation value.
- Ex: Customer has a SC of $19.97. He buys 1 product for $19.97 shipped. He then decides he wants to cancel that order. The order will be cancelled, but the SC is now null and no longer exists in any capacity.
STRIPPED LOWERS & TRANSFERS:
Should you fail your background check during the transfer process, fail to pick up your products as intended per the dealer's discretion, or prove to not be 21 years of age, your products will be returned to us at your expense. A 20% restocking fee will then be deducted from your refund as this will be treated as a cancellation. Original shipping fees are nonrefundable.
Our goal is to produce a quality product at an affordable price. Our products are all made by CNC machining, so yes, they have "machining marks". It is difficult to accurately show the quality of the surface finish of uncoated products, but we assure you, we go to great lengths to make the finishes as nice as reasonably possible.
Because 80% Lowers are not considered firearms by ATF, we can ship them right to your front door with no FFL required (Pending any local laws of your state, county, city, etc.). Finished rifles or fully machined lower receivers must meet all applicable laws and you must be able to legally own a firearm. Compliance with all federal, state and local laws is YOUR responsibility.
We WILL NOT ship 80% receivers to anyone residing in the states of California, Hawaii, Illinois, Rhode Island, New York or New Jersey. Should an order for 80% lower(s) be placed for shipment to CA, HI, IL, RI, NY or NJ, the entire order will be cancelled and the card holder is subject to an immediate 20% cancellation fee. The list of restricted states changes rapidly, and although we try to keep our information up to date, changes, additions or modifications can happen at any time.
*Please note - while many of our customers enjoy the look and simplicity of the "as machined" aluminum, this finish is intended to be completed by the end user; therefore, machining marks will be visible until the surface has been properly prepped and a suitable coating is applied.
**Required machining to complete an 80% lower includes: Selector hole, Trigger pin hole, Hammer pin hole, Fire control group pocket and Trigger slot.
Can you apply an expired promo code, sale price, etc. to my order or hold this offer for me? Can we make a deal?
Dealer Program/Dealer Pricing:
Dealer Orders are to be placed via Purchase Order and with a business check. Dealer Orders are not eligible for cancellation and are not eligible for refunds as they are considered Custom Orders.
Free Shipping, Shipping In General & Shipping Issues:
We try to offer reasonable pricing on our products and we cover almost the entirety of shipping costs out of pocket on over 85% of orders that leave our facility - there is a lot that goes into making sure the products you order safely arrive at your door. We are not in the business of cutting shipping costs to make a dime.
All that being said: if your order is returned to us, for any reason, YOU are now responsible for all shipping costs incurred to get the package back to you --
If you typed your address wrong, forgot you moved, did not forward your mail, did not pick up packages in time from your box or from the hold at USPS, FED EX, or UPS, it is marked undeliverable because your pet is outside and the carrier cannot deliver it to your home safely, whatever other reason... you are responsible for paying for all costs associated with that package being sent back to you. We will invoice you for that payment before the package leaves our facility again.
*Should a customer refuse to pay their invoice within a reasonable amount of time, determined by Venom Defense, the order is to be considered a cancellation on the customer's part - please see Cancellation Policy.
Any package or order may be sent with your signature requirement and or with a hold at your local USPS, FED EX or UPS, please take note of this on your tracking information. Venom Defense is not responsible for any lost or stolen packages. Please address all concerns with your local branch first.
"I didn't test-fit my parts, now my build is ruined and it's all your fault, Venom."
Not a chance, pal. Please test fit all components. This includes, but is not limited to, prior to modifying your lower receiver; once a lower has been modified in ANY way we cannot accept a return or exchange it for you.
* Venom Defense and Design, LLC, is not responsible for your workmanship, your skillset, or the other parts you attempt to combined our products with in any capacity. There are a variety of commercially available tools and gages to assist with testing and verifying proper assembly and fitment prior to test firing. If you do not have these tools and are not familiar with the appropriate techniques, you must seek help from a qualified individual. Failure to verify proper assembly / fitment can result in severe injury or death. *
BUY & PAY LATER?
All orders must be paid in full at the time of purchase. We do not offer extended payment terms to anyone, dealers included.
- Please do not list prices you paid - a sale is awesome, but no price is forever.
- Please do not make threats toward Sam or Katelyn ... now you look unhinged. Especially when you use a name like "WomanSlayr" - something tells us that may be true, nutcase.
- Did your review make sense? Actual sense? If we can't decipher what you're trying to say, we cannot publish it for the rest of the 2A community to blink several times at.
- "You just didn't like my review because it wasn't 5 stars!" Scroll through our reviews here and elsewhere. There are all kinds of reviews posted; painting us in every light. We never delete reviews based on anything but what is mentioned here (nonsense, defamation, pricing specifics). If we screwed up, we screwed up and we own it. We have replied to reviews where you'll see lines underneath with a section noted with --------- "VDD REPLY" and our response to the reviewer with how we've attempted to handle the situation, our surprise at a situation we were unaware of, or how we will handle the situation should it ever come up again in the future. We can't fix things we don't know exist; that's common sense. If there is an issue with a product/order/etc. we would appreciate you contacting us PRIOR to leaving a review so that we can attempt to resolve the situation. We are here to build relationships with customers that we hope last a long time. We are far from perfect and we certainly make the occasional mistake. We appreciate the opportunity to work WITH our customers in the rare cases these situations arise.
- Keep those reviews coming. We love knowing what you're building, what works for you, what doesn't, what you love and what you don't about the product you purchased from us.
- As we continue to grow and expand our company it's amazing to see how far we have come...knowing a lot of you have been here the whole time. We just want to thank you. Cheers!
Why do you not recommend your product for SBR’s, rifle caliber pistols and fully automatic weapons?
A couple simple reasons:
1) Safety! Both for the shooter and anyone in the immediate area. As barrel length gets shorter, perceived volume gets much louder. You will definitely want to double up on ear protection, if you really insist on this. You MUST also wear eye protection as muzzle blast is GREATLY intensified on short barrels.
2) The muzzle blast pressure is much higher, which will significantly shorten the useful life of your muzzle device. Unburned gunpowder has a sand-like consistency. It exits the end of the barrel at an EXTREMELY high rate of speed. This has a sand-blasting type effect. Over time, this will erode the metal of your muzzle device, requiring it to be replaced. This effect is significantly higher on shorter barrels or with high rates of fire.
We do not warranty our products lifespan, as it is too dependent on how the product is used. We do not recommend our softer metal products in these situations. We have had reports of customers having good luck with our more durable materials on these types of setups (Titanium, Stainless, Carbon Steel).
Installation of muzzle device:
PLEASE – do not use a regular metal wrench to try to install your new product. It will severely damage the finish. We do not warranty any damage caused by not following this procedure. The best method is to use a strap wrench.
If you do not have a strap wrench, a leather belt, old bicycle tire inner tube, or anything similar will work. Since our flash hiders are round, this is the only option. Flash hiders may be installed with or without a crush washer, but only need to be just over hand tight. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN – barrel threads are extremely fine and extremely shallow. They will strip VERY easily.
Compensators must be installed with a crush washer or shim washer to properly align the exhaust ports. The three sides with openings point left, right and up, and the compensator should be level. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you do not twist from the muzzle end of the device. Your wrench must grip as close to the threaded end as possible to avoid damaging the device. You may use a metal wrench, if needed, but it must be padded to protect the finish. You may use a rag or similar between the wrench and compensator, but it must be folded over sufficiently to keep the wrench from scratching the finish.
Do not block or obscure the blast ports on muzzle devices. A large amount of energy is dispersed from these areas and this energy may damage anything in its path. Do not fire the weapon if anyone or anything is in line with the path of the blast ports. Always wear hearing and eye protection when using or in the vicinity of someone using a firearm. Shorter barrel lengths increase the intensity of the muzzle blast and also shorten the useful life of the device. Additional hearing protection may be required as perceived volume to the shooter increases as barrel length decreases.
At the end of the day, you are responsible for your knowing your own gun laws. We cannot, do not, and will not advise you. All use and installation of products is at your own risk.
Updated Sept 2022