Don't see your question? Shoot us an email. We're happy to help answer your questions. ([email protected])
Email [email protected] where Katelyn or Sam will get back to you as quickly as possible; during our busiest times of year this can take several days to a week. You can also message us on your account on our website. Voicemails will not be returned and social media direct messages are not monitored for questions or order related items.
*We know some of you old school folks love to chat on the phone still, but we don't. This is how we run our business and we're all about the quick and easy use of the internet. We keep super late hours and find answering emails much more convenient for us. We apologize if that does not work for you.
Venom Defense & Design is a Type 07 FFL.
All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee regardless of the circumstances/reason for your return.
Retail Customers: We understand sometimes things just don't work out. The fit may be wrong for you, you changed your build, your significant other loves you to pieces and already ordered you one, etc.
- Within *14* days of receipt of your product (via USPS, UPS, FedEx Tracking Confirmation), you may choose to send it back to us; return shipping costs are on you though. *All returns must be approved via email before they are sent back to us.* ([email protected])
- If Venom Defense deems your product damaged or defective in our error, we will provide a return label for you and send a replacement.
- In Your Approved Return: You must include your email approval, your order number and your name - returns must include all hardware. Failure to do so will result in a denied refund.
Refunds can take 7-10 business days to clear into your account; please direct all questions on issued refunds to your financial institution once you have received your refund transaction details via email for further information should you need it. Please be aware that all shipping fees are non refundable.
*Please note: Returns and cancellations are not accepted on Purchase Orders or Dealer Orders as PER TERMS.
If your order has not shipped, you may choose to cancel it. There is a 20% cancellation fee that is applied regardless of the circumstances/reason why you need to cancel. Ex: Customer has an order totaling $100. He asks for this order to be cancelled. He is refunded $80 for his order.
If your order has shipped, you cannot cancel your order.
Should you refuse to accept the package and it is sent back to us - this will result in Venom Defense deducting the shipping costs as well as the 20% restocking fee from your refund.
If a chargeback is filed (or threatened to be filed), and / or we must re-route a package for any reason, the customer will be held liable for all shipping costs necessary for our products to be intercepted and returned to Venom Defense. *A customer who files a chargeback is no longer a welcomed customer and is banned from shopping with Venom Defense; any future orders will be void and or subject to an automatic 20% cancellation fee along with forfeited shipping fees.
We reserve the right to cancel any order, at any time, for any reason. Ex: your product was oversold, you were asked not to contact us ever again, you are buying something illegal in your state, fraud detection was triggered, your billing and shipping addresses do not match, etc.
Venom Defense has a mandatory matching billing address and shipping address policy. This address must also be the address on file with the financial institution for the cardholder placing the order. If the address does not match, it will be flagged, sent for manual processing and it will be declined.
If you've recently moved, change your address with your bank and get a new ID like your legally required to do. That is your responsibility as an adult, not ours.
I'm local. Can I swing by and pick up my product from your shop?
No, we are not a retail establishment; there is no store front. We are a machine shop. Our doors are locked and we do not allow clients inside/on premises. We take our privacy very seriously.
First, you must have a VDD account to access Store Credit. Store Credit (SC) is automatically applied as the first form of payment on your next order - you must be logged into your Venom Defense account to access your SC. You will see STORE CREDIT at the Check Out screen (not the shopping cart). SC has no cash value. Store Credit can be combined with a promotional code (codes are applied In Cart). Once a SC is applied, that is it. There is no cash value, there is no return value, there is no cancelation value. Ex: Customer has a SC of $19.97. He buys 1 product for $19.97 shipped. He then decides he wants to cancel that order. Sure, the order will be cancelled, but the SC is now null and no longer exists in any capacity. One store credit, one use only, no second chance.
Our goal is to produce a quality product at an affordable price. Machining marks are perfectly acceptable and agreed to with the purchase of this product.
Because 80% Lowers are not considered firearms by ATF, we can ship them right to your front door with no FFL required. Finished rifles must meet all applicable laws and you must be able to legally own a firearm. Compliance with all federal and local laws is YOUR responsibility.
We WILL NOT ship this product to anyone residing in the states of Hawaii, Rhode Island, New York or New Jersey. Should an order for 80% lower(s) be placed for shipment to HI, RI, NY or NJ, the entire order will be cancelled and the card holder is subject to a 20% cancellation fee.
*Please note - while many of our customers enjoy the look and simplicity of the "as machined" aluminum, this finish is intended to be completed by the end user; therefore, machining marks will be visible.
**Required machining to complete an 80% lower includes: Selector hole, Trigger pin hole, Hammer pin hole, Take-down lug slot, Fire control group pocket, Trigger slot
Where can I find that 'gold' grip in your install videos?
That is a brass grip we have retired. Sorry!
Can I have (something) for free?
No. We do not send out promotional materials or free items.
Why can't I ship this order to my 'friend' 7 states away?
See PURCHASE POLICY
Can you apply an expired promo code, offer, sale price, etc. to my order or hold this offer for me? How about we make a deal...?
Dealer Program/Dealer Pricing:
11/25/21: We are not accepting any new dealers at this time.
Dealer Orders are to be placed via Purchase Order and with a business check. Dealer Orders are not eligible for cancellation and are not eligible for refunds as they are considered Custom Orders.
I ordered my product yesterday but it hasn't shipped? WHY NOT
Relax. When your order ships, you will receive an automated email with tracking information.
- Did you read the lead time on your product? Start there - that information is found BEFORE the product description on each product page. It is in red, bold text. I tried to make it easy for you.
- In stock items: we strive to ship within 5 business days, with a lot of orders leaving SAME DAY
- We aren't a warehouse, we're a machine shop.
- As written in our Terms of Service, there can be extenuating circumstances that cause up to an 8 week extension on products' lead times original lead times. We do not enjoy using this policy. This is an emergency use only type of thing, but in dire situations, we have had to lead on it. In 2019 with uppers and in Spring 2022 with lowers.
Free Shipping & Shipping Issues:
We try to offer reasonable pricing on our products and we cover almost the entirety of shipping costs out of pocket on over 85% of orders that leave our facility - there's a lot that goes into making sure the products you order safely arrive at your door. We are not in the business of cutting shipping costs to make a dime.
All that being said - if your order is returned to us, for any reason, YOU are now responsible for all shipping costs incurred to get the package back to you --
If you typed your address wrong, forgot you moved, didn't forward your mail, didn't pick up packages in time from your box, it's marked undeliverable because your pet is outside and the mail person cannot bring it to your home safely, whatever other reason... you are responsible for paying for all costs associated with that package being sent back to you. We will invoice you for that payment before the package leaves our facility again.
*Should a customer refuse to pay their invoice within a reasonable amount of time, the order is to be considered a cancellation on the customer's part - please see cancellations.
I didn't test-fit my parts, now my build is ruined and it's all your fault.
Not a chance, pal. Please test fit all components. This includes, but is not limited to, prior to modifying your lower receiver; once a lower has been modified in ANY way we cannot accept a return or exchange it for you.
* Venom Defense and Design, LCC is not responsible for your workmanship, your skillset, or the other parts you attempt to combined our products with in any capacity.*
Can I buy (insert product here) but pay later?
All orders must be paid in full at the time of purchase. We do not offer extended payment terms to anyone, dealers included.
We no longer manufacture them and have no plans to in the future. We do not have any extras. We do not have any accessories. We are out of the EDC game. Do not contact us for these. You will not receive a reply.
Why didn't you publish my review?
- Please do not list prices you paid - a sale is awesome, but it's not forever.
- Please do not make threats toward Sam or Katelyn ... now you look completely unhinged. Especially when you use a name like "WomanSlayr" - something tells me that may be true, nutcase.
- Did your review make sense? Any actual sense at all? If we can't decipher what you're trying to say, we cannot publish it for the rest of the 2A community to blink several times at with their heads turned sideways.
- "You didn't like my review because it was less than 5 stars!" This is laughable. Scroll through, go on. There are definitely all kinds of reviews posted. We never delete reviews based on stars, y'all. If we screwed up, we screwed up and we own it. We have replied to some reviews where you'll see a little line underneath with a section noted with "VDD REPLY:"
Why do you not recommend your product for SBR’s, rifle caliber pistols and fully automatic weapons?
A couple simple reasons:
1) Safety! Both for the shooter and anyone in the immediate area. As barrel length gets shorter, perceived volume gets much louder. You will definitely want to double up on ear protection, if you really insist on this. You MUST also wear eye protection as muzzle blast is GREATLY intensified on short barrels.
2) The muzzle blast pressure is much higher, which will significantly shorten the useful life of your muzzle device. Unburned gunpowder has a sand-like consistency. It exits the end of the barrel at an EXTREMELY high rate of speed. This has a sand-blasting type effect. Over time, this will erode the metal of your muzzle device, requiring it to be replaced. This effect is significantly higher on shorter barrels or with high rates of fire.
We do not warranty our products lifespan, as it is too dependent on how the product is used. We do not recommend our softer metal products in these situations. We have had reports of customers having good luck with our more durable materials on these types of setups (Titanium, Stainless, Carbon Steel).
Installation of muzzle device:
PLEASE – do not use a regular metal wrench to try to install your new product. It will severely damage the finish. We do not warranty any damage caused by not following this procedure. The best method is to use a strap wrench.
If you do not have a strap wrench, a leather belt, old bicycle tire inner tube, or anything similar will work. Since our flash hiders are round, this is the only option. Flash hiders may be installed with or without a crush washer, but only need to be just over hand tight. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN – barrel threads are extremely fine and extremely shallow. They will strip VERY easily.
Compensators must be installed with a crush washer or shim washer to properly align the exhaust ports. The three sides with openings point left, right and up, and the compensator should be level. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you do not twist from the muzzle end of the device. Your wrench must grip as close to the threaded end as possible to avoid damaging the device. You may use a metal wrench, if needed, but it must be padded to protect the finish. You may use a rag or similar between the wrench and compensator, but it must be folded over sufficiently to keep the wrench from scratching the finish.
Do not block or obscure the blast ports on muzzle devices. A large amount of energy is dispersed from these areas and this energy may damage anything in its path. Do not fire the weapon if anyone or anything is in line with the path of the blast ports. Always wear hearing and eye protection when using or in the vicinity of someone using a firearm. Shorter barrel lengths increase the intensity of the muzzle blast and also shorten the useful life of the device. Additional hearing protection may be required as perceived volume to the shooter increases as barrel length decreases.
At the end of the day, you are responsible for your knowing your own gun laws. We cannot, do not, and will not advise you.
Updated May 2022